Friday, January 22, 2010

Don't be fooled

Today I am going to review a Pie I had at


"The Triple Crown"http://www.thetriplecrownalehouse.com/




I had this Pie with my Nephew Vincent and his friend Martin while they were visiting New York only 2 weeks ago.
It was very close to Madison Square Garden on 7th Ave, and they had a show that very night, Bull Riding ,cowboys etc. It was on a block where there seemed to be a quite few Bars and Restaurants, but on this Occasion we picked Triple Crown.

It's all coming back to me now, I am only reviewing the Pie here but you can see full reviews on Yelp.
The pie I can fairly safely say was one of the worst I have had SO FAR.. The meat tasted very slodgy, if that's a word? And potatoes were just like regular mash on top.
I am not sure what flavor was there, mostly a cheap gravy one. I don't remember seeing any Vegetables in it?
This is one of those places I will have to visit again, (albeit not in a hurry) to make things fair for the Restaurant and for the Pie! :)
As today I am pretty much going by memory.

Marks out of 10 = 2

No comments:

Post a Comment